Each week that there is an infant baptism, I hold my breath until I see that the name to be given the baby is not the name we've selected. I've checked the Social Security website for their lists of popular baby names as based on applications for social security cards. I don't want the name to be too popular. I've had too many classes filled with numerous Tyler's and Taylor's. It just gets confusing. When I was little I hated the fact that I could never find any items personalized with my name. It was tough not being able to find a "See Rock City" mini license plate that said "Miranda." As I got older, I was accustomed to being the only Miranda, and I resented the fact that the name gained popularity. I wanted the uniqueness of being the only Miranda. As an adult in the world of work, it is nice being the only Miranda. While I don't think Baby Mac will be the only boy with the name we've selected, I don't think he'll be one of four of five boys in his class with the same name. And, even if there is someone else with that first name, it is doubtful that there will be multiple "McLarens" in his class.
The name we've chosen is not a family name. Although, we've discovered that one might think this based on the initials.
And, so, with Baby Mac's arrival being imminent, we thought we'd tease you a bit with initials.
G R
I CAN'T STAND IT!
ReplyDeleteGunther Rashad McLaren maybe?
ReplyDeleteGavin Reese McLaren?
ReplyDeleteOH!!!! I GOT IT!!!! I GOT IT!!!
ReplyDelete"Gweedo Radolpho McLaren"
Ah, the perfect balance between unique and mainstream. We have one of each! Lily-s are everywhere!! Not a Pace in sight!! I suffered for a lack of personalized gift shop memorabilia, myself!! I always wanted to be Jennifer growing up...you saw how that backfired on me!!
ReplyDelete