Wednesday, May 7, 2008

M&L


(That's me with Mike and Letha at the Stockyards in Fort Worth)

Letha had business in Austin this week, so she and Mike flew in to spend the weekend with us. They graciously agreed to drive up to DFW. I figure them driving here saved us a lot of money--no doggie boarding, no hotel, etc. Plus, I ended up having to work Friday night--in the form of attending the tennis banquet. (I can write an entire post about banquets.)

The weekend was really low key. Dave and I were thrilled to do nothing for a change. Letha seemed equally ready for a break--her work schedule is more hectic than mine and includes weekly trips out of town.

Saturday the weather was beautiful. So, we set up camp in the back yard. It started with two chairs, then a third, then the hammock, then Mason's pool, then the pavilion for shade for Mason. Letha and I desired to banish some of the lily-whiteness from our legs. Mike wanted to even out his tennis tan. Mason just wanted to be where ever we were, but it's tough being a black dog in the Texsun, hence the pavilion.


We went out for sushi Saturday evening. Then, we went downtown to see the larger-than-life longhorn sculptures at Pioneer Plaza. We considered going to Reunion Tower, after driving around, and around, and around, and around again, without finding a place to park, we opted to head for dessert at Papasito's. Dave and I love the fried ice cream, while it wasn't as good as we remember, it was still quite tasty. Not being a fan of coconut, (and the ice cream was coated in it), Letha opted for a sopapilla.

Sunday found us eating a late breakfast and lounging around before deciding that we all really needed to do some Mother's Day shopping. After an early dinner and banana pudding, it was time for Mike and Letha to head to Austin.

We're sure glad they came.

No comments:

Post a Comment