Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Great End to the Weekend

Most of this weekend, I have spent wincing in pain from my stomach. No other symptoms other than (sometimes severe) pain in my stomach. This afternoon the pain finally subsided, so I decided to fish for a bit at the local Trophy Club pond. This pond typically produces small bass and some nice sized bluegill....so I was very surprised when I hooked into this monster.This guy put up a arm cramping fight for about 10 minutes. I caught him on the lightest flyrod that I own (a fiberglass 3wt). You typically use this rod to catch 1/4lb bluegill - not monster channel catfish! So needless to say, I am a little proud of this catch. A good way to end what had been a not so great weekend. The big guy was released to fight another day.

Dad - sorry to break it to you, but this fish came out of the same pond where we were fishing.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like one of those elusive, legendary cat fish that everyone knows about and sees occasionally, but no one is ever able to catch. Good going--what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my fishing brethren say that it is probably a 10+lb fish. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete