
Dave's hard work in the spring resulted in beautiful tomato and squash plants. We've eaten two delicious tomatoes and a few zucchini from the garden. Yesterday we harvested about 10 beautiful tomatoes.
Sadly, the rain has wreaked havoc on the plants. They're a bit battered, but still producing. We've had tomatoes and squash rot on the vine from too much water. The lack of sun has been hard on the plants, too. We did see a few more blooms on the tomatoes this weekend.
But, we're also battling caterpillars that are eating both fruit and foliage from the tomato plants. Friday I found one about 2 inches long. I thought he was a big one. Saturday Dave found a huge caterpillar. It was index-finger sized. Dave kept searching and found another smaller one like the one I found Friday. Sunday Dave found another big guy. I've searched the plants again today, but didn't find anything. Monday evening Dave found another huge caterpillar--Dave must have a special gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment