Saturday, March 3, 2007

Night Fishin'

Dave writes:


Yesterday I got an invitation from a friend to do some night fishing for hybrid bass at Cedar Creek Lake. Being the boatless soul that I am, I always clear my schedule when someone offers a free fishing trip in a boat - even when forecast calls for a low temperature of 39. We launched at around 8:00pm to do some night fishing around the many dock lights that dot the shoreline at Cedar Creek. Fishing was slow most of the night, but one dock provided some excitement. This hybrid bass was the highlight of the night (please try to disregard the majorly dorky headlamp that is a necessity when fishing at night). It weighed in at about 8lbs.--which, incidentially, would have been the water body state record for a hybrid on a flyrod. But I didn't get into flyfishing for all the fame and fortune - so I didn't take the trouble to turn in the record fish. I'm perfectly happy when I can get together with a friend in the middle of the night to do some fishing when it is a teeth chattering 39 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    Way to go that is a big fish. I know it was exciting to catch it.
    sandra

    ReplyDelete