
Yesterday it occurred to me that the blog has not addressed one of my passions--cooking (and, of course, eating)! Perhaps that is because I have not had much time lately to cook, and I certainly haven't been trying any new recipes.
Since the weather is getting warmer, Dave and I like to eat salads, sandwiches, and other light meals. So, as I created the menu for the week, so I could do the shopping, Dave requested this slaw that I made last summer after watching an episode of Paula Dean's show on Food Network. Last night as we had seafood salad sandwiches with this broccoli slaw, Dave commented, "This is what should happen to all broccoli stalks."
Broccoli Cole Slaw
*I typically omit the green onions; Dave doesn't care for them.
2 bags (3-ounce) Ramen Noodle Soup in Oriental (other flavors will work, too)
3/4 stick butter
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 bags (12-ounce) bags broccoli cole slaw (in the bagged salad section of the grocery store)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Dressing Mix:
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup brown or white sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 ramen noodle seasoning packet
YUM! This sounds delicious and I'm so going to have to try it!
ReplyDeleteok!!, she is "so going to have to try it" but I still haven't seen it myself over here. sounds mighty good, would probably go well with that bass Dave caught!
ReplyDeleteJimmy