I just happened to step behind the big pampus grass plant that we have in the frontyard last weekend. To may surprise, I found a rather large hole that something had dug under the corner of the foundation. It had moved some good sized rocks, so I knew it had to be pretty large. I ruled out an armadillo since our flower beds were still in one piece. My hunch was a possum, but the only way to find out was to trap the little bugger.
So, G and I were off to Tractor Supply to find a trap. He REALLY wanted to "catch an ammminal now Daddy!"
After a few minutes of learning the finer points of trapping, we baited the trap and set it by the hole.
I read online that catfood and marshmellows attracted most everything. So, we settled for dogfood and marshmellows, and threw in a few carrots for good measure.We didn't get anything the first night, but the second night we awoke to find this pissed off dude in the trap.
It was take your possum day at work, so he rode in the back of the truck. Really though he is now a resident of a park in Southlake, and will have to travel 10+ miles to make it back to my house. I still have to reset the trap again to see if there are any more in that hole.

Glad you got the ammminal!
ReplyDelete