Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Final Italy Post

I end our Italy posts with these last three pictures.  The top were taken Friday evening at Ponte Vecchio.  There are shops lining the bridge.

And, this is our final piazza lunch in Florence in the Santa Croce piazza.  After this lunch, we headed back to the train station, bought standing-room-only tickets to Milan (not fun, but not terrible), waited for extremely delayed trains due to an earthquake in Bologna (we didn't find out about the earthquake until we returned to the States), transferred in Milan, and made it to the airport.  There we caught a shuttle to a Crowne Plaza.  I didn't realize what a pampered American I was until we stepped into that room.  The bed was cushy and comfortable.  The bathroom was still Italian, but Americanized.  We had a great night's sleep before catching our plane back to JFK then on to DFW.  

We had a great trip.  Our horizons and experiences were expanded.  We learned a bit about traveling abroad.  We're ready to go again (once Dave finishes this degree).









1 comment: