Saturday, May 28, 2011

Everything's Better with a Friend

Wednesday afternoon found both Lindsey and me needing a trip to Costco. Lindsey offered to go for me, but I needed to go. We went into school together to pick up the boys. I swear Gavin was more excited to see Lindsey than me. When we got into the parking lot, each boy wanted to ride in the other car. Neither of us had 2 car seats, so we switched boys for the ride from school to Costco. Those silly boys. Dean asked me a million questions, each one with "Biranda" so that I was sure that he was talking to me. I loved answering all of the ones that I could actually decipher.
Once there, we loaded both boys in one cart, gave them each a book to read, and proceeded to have a pleasant Costco experience. No whiny little boys. They chatted with each other and looked at their books. Once in the parking lot, Gavin whined because he wanted to ride with Lindsey. I explained that we had to go home.

Since it was close to 7, we picked up a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's. I love it that I can ask him if he wants nuggets, a hamburger, or a cheeseburger, and he can tell me. Tonight he was quick to add that he wanted fries; I don't always order fries for him. I was surprised that he didn't ask for food in the car on the way home. But once we were home, he went straight to the table to eat his dinner.


1 comment:

  1. That is too cute that they each want to go with the other mother. I guess we all want what we don't have. How great that they can have so much fun going to Costco.

    ReplyDelete