Sunday, November 18, 2007

Night Fishing for Big Hybrids

I'm still trying to keep up my end of the "Book, Line and Sinker" blog. I haven't been able to go fishing too much this summer. With work, odd jobs around the house, traveling and everything else going on lately, fishing has gotten forgotten. Luckily my friend Christian invited me to go night fishing again on Cedar Creek Lake. This lake is known for it's large population of hybrid bass. These fish make a fight with a similar sized largemouth bass laughable. This of course, is the reason I love to fish for them. The harder they pull the more I enjoy the fight!

Fishing started out slow for most of the night. We each caught a few largemouth bass at several docks. Christian outfished me with numbers of fish by a large margin, but I ended up with the three largest fish of the trip. I'll gladly take that arrangement any day of the week.

One of two 2 1/2 - 3lb largemouth that I caught.

The biggest fish of the night was this 7lb hybrid that was caught off the last dock we fished.
All these fish were caught on an 8wt flyrod using small clouser flies.

2 comments: