Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Holiday

Dave is fishing in Broken Bow this weekend. He felt/feels guilty about leaving me home alone. I've tried to assure him that I'm a big girl and that I will survive. While he's away, I get to indulge in guilty pleasures.

I read last night until after midnight, with the overhead light on in the bedroom. Given, I did wake up at 2am, with the light still on because Dave wasn't home to come in, tuck my book mark in my book, and turn out the light. But, thanks to the new ceiling fan complete with a remote control, I was able to turn the light off without getting out of bed.

I woke up just before seven this morning and realized that Mason had not come in to visit me during the night. Dave and I always sleep with the door closed, but when Dave's gone, I leave the door opened. Typically around 3am, Mason comes in to say hello, then I tell him it's still bedtime, and he leaves.

After feeding Mason, I laid down on the couch to continue reading, The Camel Club, by David Baldacci. I took a nap for an hour or so, then finished the book. Since it was almost 11am, I decided I might need to take a shower and get dressed. After that, I washed a few dishes (they' been waiting since Wednesday night---so another guilty pleasure).

I had nachos for lunch and then watched Grease on DVD--both guilty pleasures.

I talked to Daddy for about an hour on the phone, which was nice. He shared with me Hayden's increasing vocabulary and other happenings on the farm.

Dave called to check in. Sounds like it's hot in Broken Bow, but the cabin is really nice. We'll have to go back sometime later.

I ran out to do some shopping--hitting Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Academy, and Wal-Mart--and picked up a DVD at Blockbuster that Tonya recommended.


The Holiday is a bit more "chick flick" than Dave has the tolerance for, and I loved it. Jude Law is very hot in the flick. Amanda (Cameron Diaz) and Iris (Kate Winslett) do a vacation home swap on the Internet following break-ups and find love in the bargain.

So, while Dave is on a short fishing holiday, I'm having my own holiday in the coolness and comfort of my own home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how nice. Add some chocolate and you will have had the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete