The fishing this year wasn't the best by any means. To summarize the fishing this year - I caught more and better fish last year in three days than I did in 8 days this year. Numerous hours fishing for walleye only resulted in several rock bass and yellow perch being caught. We had heard other reports that the walleye fishing has been poor for most of the season. But we did catch some northern pike and panfish to keep us coming back for more.
Miranda getting ready to fish in a way too big rain suit. She was very brave going out to fish with me on this day. It was cold, rainy and very windy. The waves were fun too in our huge 12' boats.

A nice 22" northern caught on another very windy day. Disregard the dorky hat...it's either that or sunburned ears.
Action shot of my Dad casting. Hey what can I say - it was a slow year...
Miranda and Dad with a nice blugill and black crappie.

And for those of you who like to sleep more than fish, this is what you are missing.

There were many other fish caught, but these were only a few we thought to take pictures of. While the fishing wasn't as good as years past, it was still a great feeling to be able to spend some time on the water with the family.
WOW! What a great trip. Not sure about those bear tracks though...scary. Call us sometime.
ReplyDeleteDevin
You need to do something REAL nice for that girl. I don't know many wives, including me, who would go out in that kind of weather to FISH with their husbands.
ReplyDeleteOur anniversary is coming up. I'm sure I'll think of something that she would like
ReplyDelete